Purchasing Solutions Alliance (PSA) is pleased to announce Green Space Playgrounds, LLC, a nationwide provider of natural playground equipment, has been awarded Contract No. 23-203 for Natural Playground Equipment and Related Services. The contract is intended for use by Schools, Municipalities, and Day Care Centers.
Green Space Learning provides high-quality, innovative indoor and outdoor environments for young children. Their design is inspired by Montessori and Reggio Emilia philosophy where play is valued, and the child is respected as an independent person with plans and ideas. Each playground is designed to provide rich, natural, intentionally curated environments, encouraging children to play, execute and explore their unique ideas.
Join the current trend of Nature-based playgrounds in your next playground investment. Research supports nature play time and again for young children, as promoting creative thinking, problem solving, social skills, and math and science development.
Natural playgrounds provide endless opportunities for sensory exploration, physical development, problem solving, creative thinking and open-ended play. Green Space incorporates unique, natural, and sustainable materials in each unique playground, providing a harmonious blend of natural materials like logs, river rocks, sand, gravel, lush plants, vibrant grass, and thoughtfully crafted low wooden structures.
Key features of the contract include:
- Outdoor Environment Design: Experienced, certified designers work with you to create engaging playscapes within your available space. Hills, landscaping and water features can be added to create unique, engaging environments.
- Certifications and Partnerships: Outdoor Learning Environment (OLE!) Texas certified in early childhood environments. Partnerships with Texas Children in Nature, Nature Learning Initiative (NLI) and Healthy Child Care Texas.
- Hand Crafted Artisanship: Each structure is crafted with care and made to order. Hard edges are rounded over for safety, and bare wood is sealed for sustainability.
- Delivery & Installation: Included with each purchase.
- Training: In-person and online professional development courses available for pre-service, in-service, and director training. Full Child Development Associate (CDA) online program offered with weekly group discussions and support. Nature play and emergent curriculum also available.
- Warranty: 3-year repair/replacement of all Green Space equipment for damage caused by the construction or malfunction based on intended use. Landscape Plants are covered for (3) months, excluding human damage and neglect. Other limitations apply.
- Annual Inspections: 2 annual inspections provided for completed playground equipment
About Green Space Playgrounds, LLC
Founded by Audrey Rowland, M.S., M.B.A., in 2015, Green Space Learning trains early childhood educators, creates nature-inspired outdoor spaces for early childhood programs, and provides play-based care for young children in Fort Worth. In 2002, Green Space trained 2,000+ educators and professionals and designed and installed 21 playgrounds in Texas (impacting 1K+ children). Also in 2022, Green Space was awarded the Nature Champion Award Winner from Texas Children in Nature, recognizing the company’s impact on nature play in Texas.
Green Space Learning champions the full expression of childhood, respecting children and trusting their unfolding development. We believe everyone deserves a childhood rich in play, nature, and beauty supported by intentional and sustainable environments that inspire the spirit of play and connect children to nature.